Plastic waste has and is leaving behind tremendous adverse consequences to the ecosystem, and to make it worse, most of us won’t have the ability to grasp the full extent of this disaster.
To encourage a lifestyle without single-use plastic products which in turn can help reduce the plastic waste output significantly Mai Chau Ecolodge proudly invite you all to join our Environmental Photo Contest 2018 #Reuse #Reduce and #Recycle with many attractive prizes.
1. Purpose: Raise environmental awareness of the community by collecting positive images of daily good habits to reduce single use plastic products.
2. Theme: #Reuse #Reduce and #Recycle
3. Eligibility: This competition is for everyone (except Mai Chau Ecolodge management & Board of Organizer)
4. How to apply:
- Step 1: Like fanpage Mai Chau Ecolodge and take photos with your reusable plastic to lead by example and promote sustainability.
- Step 2: Post your photo publicly on this post facebook.com/Maichau.Ecolodge/posts/1083920055105512 (or send us the photo directly to email@example.com) with the theme and have description on beating plastic pollution.
- Step 3: Share this post on your own timeline at public and include 3 hashtags #EcolodgeChallenge #EcolodgeContest #DÙNG_ÍT_GIẢM_THIỂU
5. Entry Period:
- Open: August 16th, 2018
- Close: All entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM, September 16th, 2018 (according to Time zone: GMT+7)
- Winners Announcement: 3p.m Sep 17 2018 on Mai Chau Ecolodge’s Facebook & Instagram
6. Criteria: Nice photo with strong inspiration to the community in beating plastic pollution. In case there is controversy, it’s board of organizer to deliver final decision.
- 01 First prize: Accommodation voucher for 02 at Mai Chau Ecolodge including buffet breakfast, bike and traditional dance show (People’s choice)
- 01 Second prize: HighTea Voucher for 02 at Orchid Restaurant (Mai Chau Ecolodge’ choice)
Award will not be redeemed into cash at any case
8. Other regulations:
- No limit on the numbers of photos per account. However, each person just only join in 01 official account only. One account wins one prize only.
- The winner may be requested to prove his/her official account.
- Applicant shall be responsible for the copyright of the artworks. Mai Chau Ecolodge is not responsible for any issues arisen from the participated photos.
- Mai Chau Ecolodge has the whole right to use winning photos in marketing Ecolodge’s Environmental activities without agreement of participants or paying any fee to owner of the photo.
Here are rules to avoiding plastic:
- Carry a reusable shopping bag with you — in the car, in your bag, in the boot, at all times — a big canvas bag is useful
- Use reusable sandwich bags and food containers — just wash the sandwich bags instead of throwing them after one use
- Use bar soap instead of liquid washing up soap
- Use refillable glass water bottles — stop buying plastic water bottles!!!
- Don’t use plastic straws! Ask the bartender not to serve you a drink with them when you order (if you take it out once they serve it to you they will just bin it anyway, the point is for it not to be put in your drink in the first place)
- Buy and eat fresh whole food from a market — not plastic wrapped
- Buy wood toys instead of plastic toys for kids — lego is the worst
- Try hemp products! E.g. hemp phone cases — just as protective as plastic
- Don’t use plastic cutlery, and don’t buy products that contain them (it’s a plastic boycott, remember)
- Bring your own thermos to the coffee shop
- Don’t use disposable razors!
- Choose cardboard over plastic where there are alternative products, it’s much easier to recycle
- GET PLASTIC OFF YOUR FACE — say no to microbeads! — look at toothpaste and face wash and avoid items with “polypropylene” or “polyethylene” on the ingredients list
- Don’t buy convenient food wrapped in plastic — you are capable of chopping your own mango/melon/pomegranate/butternut squash etc
- Stop using air fresheners — light a candle or incense instead
- Buy food products in bulk — buy a big bag of oats instead of those small convenient porridge pots, etc. Look at everything and think, is this necessary packaging? If the answer is no, then don’t buy it.
Mai Chau Ecolodge hopes these tips help you on your journey to cutting plastic and making changes to help save the environment. This planet is the only one we’ve got and it’s beautiful. Mai Chau Ecolodge’d like it to stay beautiful.
And don't forget to share this with your friends !